Your Gift Makes the Difference
Warmth. Safety. A full stomach. Health. Companionship. Peace of mind. Recovery. Opportunity. Hope.
Acton-Boxborough United Way supports your local community – being there in a crisis and planning for long term change. When you make a gift to Acton-Boxborough United Way, you become our partner in ensuring the strongest community we can be. ABUW supports essential services that reach all walks of life to help our children, teens, seniors, and families.
ABUW has invested $4.25 million into the community through grants, community forums and impact measures in the past 30 years. Your donation to ABUW is carefully stewarded, we ensure that funds reach the greatest need, and your gift is fully tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- $200 provides a week at summer camp at NARA Park for a child whose family can’t afford camp and who are faced with the dilemma of leaving their child home alone.
- $100 provides 3 weeks of Meals on Wheels delivering good nutrition and a daily check to a home-bound elder
- $100 provides enough yogurt, cheese, butter, eggs and fruit for 30 clients at a food pantry
- $50 covers outreach intervention to the disabled and elderly at risk for losing their housing
- $50 provides 25 Information handbooks distributed by police to victims of domestic violence
- $25 supports a local senior in getting prescription drugs and health coverage