The ABUW Day of Caring is a special opportunity to make a difference where you live and work. We guarantee you'll never feel so invigorated, refreshed and satisfied from a day's work. That's what our volunteers tell us every year when they participate in the Day of Caring. Individuals from organizations large and small spend the day sprucing up non-profit agencies, reading to a disabled child or sorting and packing food or furniture donations. These are just a few of the initiatives that will help improve lives and strengthen our community. The United Way Day of Caring demonstrates what people working together can accomplish for our Community’s benefit.
The 2015 Day of Caring was held on Thursday, October 1st.
At the Acton-Boxborough United Way Day of Caring 2015, volunteers from local businesses, the high school and ABUW gave their time to seven local project sites. Volunteers include:
ABUW Board of Directors, ABRHS Youth in Philanthropy, Acton Real Estate, Enterprise Bank , Holiday Inn Boxborough, Market Dynamics and TUV Rheinland
Our 2015 projects included:
- HGRM – Volunteers provided warehouse assistance; sorted linens, moved furniture and tested electronics.
- Disovery Museum-. Volunteers helped with fall cleanup.
- Mt. Calvary Community Supper- Volunteers cleaned, organized the kitchen and bake for clients.
- Acton Housing Authority – Volunteers painted and completed outdoor landscaping. Some of these projects included fall clean up such as raking, hedge clipping, tree trimming and weeding.
- Minute Man Seniors – Volunteers helped to assemble and deliver meals to seniors in Acton and in Boxborough.
- Stow Food Pantry - Volunteers cleaned and restocked the shelves with food items and toiletries.
- Boys and Girls Club - Volunteers completed outdoor landscaping and cleanup.
Any business, corporation, community group or individual who would like to participate and/or be a sponsor should contact the ABUW office at .
Day of Caring:
- promotes the spirit and value of volunteerism;
- increases the awareness of local non-profit agencies; and
- demonstrates what people collaborating together can accomplish for the community’s benefit.